Premium Member
join:2001-02-26

5 recommendations

hayc59

Premium Member

SUPERAntiSpyware has patnered up with Avira

This is all so far after a few inquiries
quote:
As some of you have already figured out - SUPERAntiSpyware has partnered with Avira, the technology behind many of the biggest names in cyber-security, to provide our customers with industry leading malware protection. The main focus of SUPERAntiSpyware has been, and continues to be, offering consistently top-rated malware protection. On our quest to fulfill this goal, we determined that the Avira engine would fit naturally into SUPERAntiSpyware – dramatically improving the product effectiveness. As such, we made the decision to increase the protection of SUPERAntiSpyware by combining the powerful Avira engine with our own native engine. SUPERAntiSpyware still offers the same great features our customers have come to expect: lightweight, fast scanning, works well with other malware protection products, compatibility with older operating systems. We will continue to include and improve our own scanner to detect the malware that other products fail to detect. Stay Tuned! More improvements are coming.

Thanks
SUPERAntiSpyware Team

»forums.superantispyware. ··· nt=36150

antdude
Matrix Ant
Premium Member
join:2001-03-25
US

3 recommendations

antdude

Premium Member

Hmm, is this new version better? Or is it more bloated, annoying, slow, etc.? :/

hayc59
Your a Daisy
Premium Member
join:2001-02-26

3 recommendations

hayc59

Premium Member

said by antdude:

Hmm, is this new version better? Or is it more bloated, annoying, slow, etc.? :/

This new version seems to be same as the old versions and no its not bloated and has always been faster than shit for me

dandelion
MVM
join:2003-04-29
Germantown, TN

2 recommendations

dandelion to hayc59

MVM

to hayc59
So everyone still keeping theirs for now..ie Superantispyware?

Triple Helix
DNA
Premium Member
join:2007-07-26
Oshawa, ON

2 recommendations

Triple Helix

Premium Member

said by dandelion:

For now. But I don't think the Avira engine is active at this time? We need more info....
PX_Eliezer8
join:2014-11-13
Ho-Ho-Kus NJ

1 recommendation

PX_Eliezer8 to hayc59

to hayc59
I haven't thought about SAS in years.

And it looks like a very preliminary announcement---not even mentioned on the News section of their website.
brianiscool
join:2000-08-16
Tampa, FL

1 recommendation

brianiscool to hayc59

to hayc59
I wouldn't trust that Software lol.
Stick with bitdefender total security

antdude
Matrix Ant
Premium Member
join:2001-03-25
US

1 edit

1 recommendation

antdude to dandelion

Premium Member

to dandelion
said by dandelion:

I am just going to wait. I might try it in a VM to play with.
sr1515
join:2003-11-12
Montreal, QC

sr1515 to dandelion

to dandelion
Personaly, I've cancelled my auto-renewal license. 210 days left to go in my license. After that, bye bye SuperAntispyware.

balloonshark
Lets Go Mountaineers
join:2006-08-11
WV

1 recommendation

balloonshark to hayc59

to hayc59
I haven't used SAS in years but I've been running Avira free for quite a while. Why would this partnership be a bad thing? I always thought Avira had excellent detection although I admit I don't follow security programs like I used to in the past.