Syosset, NY
Alcatel-Lucent I-211M-L
Arcadyan FiOS-G3100
Arcadyan FiOS-E3200

3 recommendations

NYsubscriber to rossmpersona

to rossmpersona

Re: [Router] Fios-G1100 firmware update from 02.03.00.08 to 02.03.00.09

Well, this question should be addressed by Verizon engineering.

Another update: verizon.com/speedtest now detects customer router. If no Verizon router is present, the test would skip the Router to Verizon Network test and directly start the Device to Verizon Network test.

If you don't have a G3100, it would remind you that your router is not current.
dahacker
join:2019-11-13

dahacker

said by NYsubscriber:

Not everyone needs the latest Honda Accord for driving around the neighborhood with a 1GB speed limit. Obviously the G1100 is still being supported and receiving security updates, so that is fine for anyone. Particularly if one already has a separate AP for the latest WiFi standards.
gs0b
join:2014-08-14
Bucks, PA

2 recommendations

gs0b to NYsubscriber

to NYsubscriber
said by NYsubscriber:

I just tried the Verizon speed test. It didn't say anything about my G1100. I'm still on 02.03.00.08, though.
NYsubscriber
join:2020-10-17
Syosset, NY
Alcatel-Lucent I-211M-L
Arcadyan FiOS-G3100
Arcadyan FiOS-E3200

NYsubscriber to dahacker

to dahacker
said by dahacker:

Not everyone needs the latest Honda Accord for driving around the neighborhood with a 1GB speed limit. Obviously the G1100 is still being supported and receiving security updates, so that is fine for anyone. Particularly if one already has a separate AP for the latest WiFi standards.

I am not suggesting everyone should get a G3100. I am merely stating my observation.
NYsubscriber

NYsubscriber to gs0b

to gs0b
Did it skip the Router to Network test at least?
gs0b
Bucks, PA

gs0b

said by NYsubscriber:

Did it skip the Router to Network test at least?

Nope. It did both router and device tests, which is what I want. That lets me identify if speed issues are internal or external.
NYsubscriber
join:2020-10-17
Syosset, NY

NYsubscriber

Forgot the fact you have a Verizon router. Yes, that is the expected behavior.
gs0b
Bucks, PA

1 recommendation

gs0b

Your comment made it sound like it would nag you if the router is not a G3100, regardless of if it's a G1100.
AndrewNewton
join:2003-09-12
Chestnut Hill, MA

1 recommendation

AndrewNewton

We woke up to no internet this morning. I ran the Fios test from my cellphone via cellular..it did one test then I got prompted to enter my external WAN IP information, LOL ! I looked at the router and it had been upgraded to .09 and restarted around 1.05am but the external WAN address was given as 0.0.0.0. I rebooted it, and it pulled a valid IP (same one I've had for months) so all well.

Last time I had to use the Fios testing part of the app, it was very straightforward...it restarted my router and then my ONT sequentially after step by step testing so had expected the same this morning, not to be asked to enter my own WAN IP.
pappasbike
join:2005-02-18
Baltimore, MD

pappasbike to NYsubscriber

to NYsubscriber
said by NYsubscriber:

Another update: verizon.com/speedtest now detects customer router. If no Verizon router is present, the test would skip the Router to Verizon Network test and directly start the Device to Verizon Network test.

Just saw this thread and checked my router G1100, it’s on the new .09 firmware. I ran the Verizon Speedtest by my browser and it did skip the router to Verizon test and went directly to device to network test. No mention of the router not being current. I actually use my own router for my wifi network - it is in bridge mode connected to the Fios router by Ethernet. The Fios radios are turned off.

Previously both router to network and device tests were run but now only the one was run.
gs0b
Bucks, PA

1 edit

2 recommendations

gs0b

said by pappasbike:

Just saw this thread and checked my router G1100, it’s on the new .09 firmware. I ran the Verizon Speedtest by my browser and it did skip the router to Verizon test and went directly to device to network test.

Same here. With .09 firmware, no more router test on my G1100. The web site doesn't complain about it either, but I miss having the router test. It was a useful data point when diagnosing speed issues.

Leave it to Verizon to remove a useful feature for no apparent reason.

Smith6612
MVM
join:2008-02-01
North Tonawanda, NY

1 recommendation

Smith6612

MVM

Might need to reboot your router and wait a day. I doubt Verizon would remove that feature. Rather it's a backend registration issue with their speed test.