spc
Search similar:

uniqs
sportflyer1
join:2008-08-24
Vancouver, WA

sportflyer1

Peacock will not launch with X1 box

My STB is XG2V2-S. Peacock will not launch . I get the usual launch screen ( ie Peacock icon with 3 blinking dots) then I only get a black screen when normally I would get the home screen. Already rebooted twice but no joy. Any idea how to fix? Can I reinstall the app again if so how?

Thanks
psuPete
join:2010-08-09
Lemont, PA

1 recommendation

psuPete

I think it is the "A" key on the remote control, that allows you do a REFRESH which is a 20-minute procedure. If that doesn't help, call Comcast.

lhvetinari
yaW gnorW
join:2008-09-26
Kenosha/Chgo

2 recommendations

lhvetinari to sportflyer1

to sportflyer1
There is a thread here a few below yours that indicates this might be a problem with Peacock specifically on XG2-S and XG2-P boxes. See more:

»[X1] Anyone having issues with Peacock?
sportflyer1
Vancouver, WA

1 edit

sportflyer1 to psuPete

to psuPete
Have not tried that one yet. I did contact Xfinity then Peacock via Chat. Issue escalated but no call from them yet.

Received email from Peacock support asking for Peacock TV App version . How do I find this ? I cant even open the app in X1 . I am sure the App version on my Roku or Firestick is not the same as the one installed in X1 .
sportflyer1

sportflyer1 to lhvetinari

to lhvetinari
I saw that link Tks. I have same issue . Peacock plays fine with Firestick and Roku , just not with XG2V2 -S . Was OK previously. Did not use Peacock App for a few weeks until yesterday when I checked on the Olympic games so I cannot pin down when the problem started.

ki1o
Premium Member
join:2001-04-12
Atlanta, GA

2 recommendations

ki1o to sportflyer1

Premium Member

to sportflyer1
The XG2v2 is made by 2 companies. Pace and Samsung. You have the Samsung version. Besides Peacock, that box is not compatible with other apps and I think Comcast has retired that box. The Pace version of the box, which is what I had and Comcast still passes out, had a lot of issues with Peacock, as mentioned in the link above but slowly got fixed for most people. I now have the XG1v4 which is a way faster box, and have no issues with Peacock.

You may have to swap out that box, but unfortunately you may get the XG2v2-P, Pace version of the box.
sportflyer1
Vancouver, WA

1 edit

sportflyer1

I wonder whether I can swap my box with XG1v4?

oops, XG1v4 is a DVR box. I only need non dvr box. So looks like no possibility of fixing the problem with my current box.

andyross
MVM
join:2003-05-04
Aurora, IL

andyross

MVM

There is also the Xi6, but it requires a companion box as it's tuner, or a Comcast gateway.
sportflyer1
Vancouver, WA

1 recommendation

sportflyer1

I have given up and returned the XG2v2-S . I also changed my current plan to Internet only. No issue for me as I am using Youtube TV anyway.