Search similar:

uniqs
Satch
join:2009-11-25

1 recommendation

Satch

ODN-HBO VOD Now Identified as "HBO MAX?"

Noticed this the other night.

On ODN Navigator guide if you go to HBO On Demand, and select it, the channel portal identifies it as "HBO Max." This is not the same as the HBO Max website or the App on Smart TV's, or what is rolling out to Spectrum Guide. But maybe it is coming to ODN? B-button keyboard search on ODN only shows HBO Max as a placeholder and tunes to nothing. Maybe something is happening on ODN? Is it like that on other's ODN guides?

Satch
Techie01
join:2014-11-21
USA

3 recommendations

Techie01

So that is just the branding for HBO as they are now no longer considered just HBO, it's HBO Max. No app is being pushed through. The vod channels will eventually work again. For now you have to go through the main vod menu to access the content.

Catch22
join:2013-07-04
Trumbull, CT
2Wire 3801HGV

2 recommendations

Catch22 to Satch

to Satch

Re: ODN-HBO VOD Now Identified as "HBO MAX?"

Click for full size
The Guide and Favorites icon for HBO on Demand (Channel 500) on the New Spectrum Guide is identified as HBO Max.
Satch

1 recommendation

Satch

said by Catch22:

The Guide and Favorites icon for HBO on Demand (Channel 500) on the New Spectrum Guide is identified as HBO Max.

Thanks for the help with this!

So HBO On Demand is becoming HBO Max. Now for Spectrum Guide customers, if you select HBO Max on Spectrum Guide in the channel 2000 area, it actually takes you to the HBO Max App, right?

Satch

Catch22
Trumbull, CT

2 recommendations

Catch22

If I click on HBO On-Demand Channel 500 it still goes to HBO On-Demand, NOT HBO Max. I believe that the icon pictures might be an error.
Satch

1 recommendation

Satch

said by Catch22:

If I click on HBO On-Demand Channel 500 it still goes to HBO On-Demand, NOT HBO Max. I believe that the icon pictures might be an error.

Thanks!

We'll see how this develops! Catch, since you have Spectrum Guide, than you should have HBO Max in the 2000's area of channels. If you go to that channel, do you actually get the HBO Max App? Or does it just go to channel 500, HBO On Demand?

I think Spectrum waits til ODN guide boxes get Spectrum Guide on them and than launches the full HBO Max app on them/

Satch

Catch22
Trumbull, CT

2 recommendations

Catch22

If we go to HBO Max on NSG Channel 2004, it goes to HBO Max. If we go to HBO On-Demand on NSG Channel 500 or 2479, it goes to HBO On-Demand.
me2153
join:2013-12-03
Dublin, OH

3 recommendations

me2153 to Satch

to Satch
Hi Satch. I noticed this too today. My boxes are doing the same thing as Catch's. My guess is it could be two things. One, that it was mislabeled when they were updating the guide something they do weekly. Or two, it'll become HBO Max. I'll try and find out for everyone.
Satch

1 recommendation

Satch

said by me2153:

Hi Satch. I noticed this too today. My boxes are doing the same thing as Catch's. My guess is it could be two things. One, that it was mislabeled when they were updating the guide something they do weekly. Or two, it'll become HBO Max. I'll try and find out for everyone.

Me,

Are you running Spectrum Guide or ODN?

Satch
me2153
join:2013-12-03
Dublin, OH

2 recommendations

me2153

Spectrum guide. We got all new boxes when we switched back to Spectrum early this year.

antdude
Matrix Ant
Premium Member
join:2001-03-25
US

1 edit

1 recommendation

antdude to Satch

Premium Member

to Satch
Click for full size
I noticed this on ODN DVR too as shown in my uploaded screen capture. Going it to does nothing. So, no HBO Max streaming service via cable TV?
Techie01
USA

Techie01 to Satch

to Satch
So just to clarify...

ODN it is just a simple rebranding of the just plain old HBO into HBO MAX as that is the name the parent company who owns them is going to start using.

Only the 210 and 110 boxes currently have the actual HBO MAX app built in for the streaming, no other boxes or guides have the actual app but just have the traditional HBO MAX VOD.
Satch

1 edit

Satch

said by Techie01:

So just to clarify...

ODN it is just a simple rebranding of the just plain old HBO into HBO MAX as that is the name the parent company who owns them is going to start using.

Only the 210 and 110 boxes currently have the actual HBO MAX app built in for the streaming, no other boxes or guides have the actual app but just have the traditional HBO MAX VOD.

It is still not known if HBO Max app is coming to older boxes or not. Right now, you have to have a World Box to have HBO Max, OR a converted box that runs Spectrum Guide. Spectrum Guide was created to run the apps. ODN Navigator could do it, if Spectrum wanted that, but they want a guide that is all theirs. ODN Navigator was a TWC/BHN product.

Satch
Techie01
USA

1 recommendation

Techie01

I wouldn't plan on that any time soon. Even the 101/201 world boxes with SG don't have the hbo max app.