mbernste
MVM
join:2001-06-30
Piscataway, NJ

1 edit

mbernste

MVM

Microsoft passes Apple to become the world's most valuable company

Glad I dumped my Apple stock and held on to my Microsoft stock for dear life. So far, I'm up 1,993.62% with MSFT. No, that isn't a typo, almost TWO THOUSAND percent. Never bet against Microsoft!

»www.cnbc.com/2021/10/29/ ··· ny-.html

Astyanax
Premium Member
join:2002-11-14
Melbourne, FL
·AT&T FTTP

3 recommendations

Astyanax

Premium Member

Once these get back in stock I'm sure it'll change back.
quote:
But a different and unheralded Apple release is garnering so much interest that it has become the company’s most back-ordered new product: a $19, 6.3-by-6.3-inch cloth to wipe smudges and fingerprints off screens.

The cloth, imprinted with the Apple logo in the corner, is made with “soft, nonabrasive material” to clean the screens of iPhones, iPads and MacBooks “safely and effectively,” according to the product page. The listing adds that the Polishing Cloth — capital P, capital C — is “compatible” with 88 different Apple products. For most U.S. shoppers, shipment is delayed until Jan. 11, at the earliest.

»www.nytimes.com/2021/10/ ··· oth.html

»www.apple.com/shop/produ ··· 86abc706

I bet if you washed a $20 bill it would work to clean your screen just as well.

mbernste
MVM
Piscataway, NJ

2 recommendations

mbernste

MVM

It just goes to show you that what P.T. Barnum said was correct. There's an Apple sucker born every minute.

I can understand the desire for a Mac (I have two myself) or an iPhone (I have an iPad) but a Polishing Cloth? Oh please. Some really gullible people out there.

That being said, sucks to be an Apple shareholder today. My MSFT over the last 10 years have way outperformed AAPL.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

2 recommendations

HiVolt to mbernste

Premium Member

to mbernste
Yeah never doubt the sleeping giant. Just like people are writing Intel off, because of AMD's rise in recent years and Apple turning to ARM.

Chipzilla will bounce back, as they have before after the Pentium 4 stagnation era of the mid 2000's.

mbernste
MVM
Piscataway, NJ

mbernste

MVM

said by HiVolt:

Yeah never doubt the sleeping giant. Just like people are writing Intel off, because of AMD's rise in recent years and Apple turning to ARM.

That's another stock I own that's doing nicely. The new Alder Lake CPUs are very impressive. I think they will give ARM a run for its money.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

2 recommendations

HiVolt

Premium Member

Yeah it seems like Alder Lake puts Intel on the right track. I'm still nowhere close to needing an upgrade after building a new i9-9900k system in early 2019, so it will be interesting in 2-3 years when it's time for my usual upgrade cycle of 5-6 years.

Getting back to Apple, I am fine with the mobile devices, I've used nothing but iPhones since 2008, and a couple iPads in the mix.

But for laptop or primary desktop, I just have a hard time of spending that kind of money for very little choice in hardware, and no upgradeability/repairability. I have a Mac mini, but its a secondary device that I only use mainly to back up and sync my iOS devices. But that also didn't cost an arm and a leg.

I would love nothing more than a mid-range desktop from Apple, but that's never been something they cared to provide. Mac mini or Mac Pro, or a glued shut iMac with a glossy screen I don't want.

And the hope for any sort of hardware choice going forward is gone with Apple Silicon.
silbaco
Premium Member
join:2009-08-03
USA

silbaco to mbernste

Premium Member

to mbernste
said by mbernste:

said by HiVolt:

That's another stock I own that's doing nicely. The new Alder Lake CPUs are very impressive. I think they will give ARM a run for its money.

Give Apple a run for their money. There are no other ARM chips on the market that can compete with Intel's current chips, let alone 12th gen.