Premium Member
join:2010-12-04
New Jersey

1 recommendation

SHAG

Premium Member

Altice Stock Price... Need to worry?

Howdy!

I know the market is wonky these days but I came across Altice. It was trading at $6.38! Does anyone know WTF is going on here? Are they about to do a pump and dump of the company? I know it was in the low teens for a pretty long time. But dang just over $6. That is not a good sign.

Converse!

mbernste
MVM
join:2001-06-30
Piscataway, NJ

mbernste

MVM

said by SHAG:

It was trading at $6.38

All of the entertainment providers are down. The major cause is that people are back to commuting to work so they are consuming less content. Lots of folks are cutting back due to inflation and an uncertain economy.
tired_runner
Premium Member
join:2000-08-25
CT

1 recommendation

tired_runner to SHAG

Premium Member

to SHAG
Just checked few telecom players. They're down little over 1% on average.

Altice is down over 4%

😂😂😂😂😂

Anon96549
@172.58.228.x

1 recommendation

Anon96549 to SHAG

Anon

to SHAG
Unless you own stock, don’t worry

Bobcat00
join:2018-09-19
New Jersey

6 recommendations

Bobcat00 to tired_runner

to tired_runner
Click for full size
Altice USA, Comcast, Charter, S&P 500 since 1/1/2020.

Altice took a dive 3rd qtr 2021.

If you bought Altice USA just before the pandemic, you've lost 78% of your money.
CTwifiman
join:2021-10-03
Oakville, CT

2 recommendations

CTwifiman to SHAG

to SHAG
Altice stock will keep bleeding until they sell suddenlink. That system is outdated and doesn’t bring in as much revenue as optimum. Once they get rid of that dead weight and get some more liquidity it will be a more financially sound investment. Too much risk now especially with how shorty their deployment of fiber and customer service has been. My price target is $5

EliteData
EliteData
Premium Member
join:2003-07-06
Philippines

1 recommendation

EliteData

Premium Member

they arent going to right the ship, the executives will jump ship while everyone else sinks to the bottom.
SHAG
Premium Member
New Jersey

1 recommendation

SHAG

Premium Member

1) I don't own stock in Altice. It came up while poking around for numbers to call.
2) Yes all entertainment stocks and internet stocks are down. But this seems a bit more than what was expected.
3) I wonder if there is are vendor payment issues.
PX_Eliezer
join:2022-07-04
Honah Lee
·Callcentric

1 recommendation

PX_Eliezer to CTwifiman

to CTwifiman
said by CTwifiman:

Altice stock will keep bleeding until they sell suddenlink. That system is outdated and doesn’t bring in as much revenue as optimum. Once they get rid of that dead weight and get some more liquidity it will be a more financially sound investment. Too much risk now especially with how shorty their deployment of fiber and customer service has been. My price target is $5

Agree.

Lumen (formerly CenturyLink) finalized a divestiture this week of local phone (ILEC) assets in 20 states, while keeping their ILEC assets in 16 other states.
»www.telecompetitor.com/l ··· -closes/

As I see it, this was a similar sort of move to what Altice needs to do with the (formerly known as) Suddenlink assets.
root
join:2002-12-11

5 recommendations

root to SHAG

to SHAG
said by SHAG:

1) I don't own stock in Altice. It came up while poking around for numbers to call.
2) Yes all entertainment stocks and internet stocks are down. But this seems a bit more than what was expected.
3) I wonder if there is are vendor payment issues.

There have been vendor payment issues since Altice took over. It's part of their thing. They withhold payment from vendors and when they come screaming for the money they try to renegotiate. Support contracts are put on hold pretty frequently because of non-payment. NET terms in contracts/POs are not respected at Altice, trust me.

Bobcat00
New Jersey

1 recommendation

Bobcat00

said by root:

There have been vendor payment issues since Altice took over. It's part of their thing. They withhold payment from vendors and when they come screaming for the money they try to renegotiate. Support contracts are put on hold pretty frequently because of non-payment. NET terms in contracts/POs are not respected at Altice, trust me.

Yet companies do business with them.
root
join:2002-12-11

root

said by Bobcat00:

said by root:

Yet companies do business with them.

Most eventually get paid, a few others have chosen to no longer take their business until the contracts were heavily in their favor over Altice, but then they run into the same lack of payment problem.
tired_runner
Premium Member
CT
·Frontier FiberOp..

2 recommendations

tired_runner

Premium Member

I wonder if Altice is attempting to negotiate NET 360-day payment terms.

Any remaining poor bastards should fully expect to see "STAYING IN BIZNEZZ ENHANCEMENT FEE"

Shamayim
Premium Member
join:2002-09-23

Shamayim to CTwifiman

Premium Member

to CTwifiman
said by CTwifiman:

My price target is $5

I'll see your 5 and lower it to 4

Anone3872
@24.206.217.x

3 recommendations

Anone3872

Anon

I wish ATUS would sell Suddenlink. Suddenlink has gone downhill fast since they bought it. (I am on Sadlink)
Several Stock advisory companies rate ATUS as a "SELL". $5.66 as of now.

Anonb6b51
@24.188.209.x

2 recommendations

Anonb6b51 to SHAG

Anon

to SHAG
I suspect they will pull a Verizon and spin off Sudden Link with all Altice USA's RED INK... and let it flow into bankruptcy blaming the economy.. and not mismanagement... pity the thought.. the assets can be bought in bankruptcy on the CHEAP with a kickback to Altice for "structuring" the deal that way.

Bobcat00
New Jersey

1 recommendation

Bobcat00 to CTwifiman

to CTwifiman
Click for full size
said by CTwifiman:

Just took another look at Altice USA stock. It's now $2.92. If you purchased Altice USA stock at the IPO 6 years ago, you've lost over 90% of your money.
tired_runner
Premium Member
CT
·Frontier FiberOp..

tired_runner

Premium Member

Altice sunk further while mostly every other major telecom player has shot right back up.

Their money problems are evident in their new customer pricing. They might as well not offer any promotional offers. Lol

Shiiieet.. At $3 one might as well stick a fork in it. Or buy now and wait for buyout, and have yourself stocks with diluted value. This way you don't have youself PTSD from FOMO.

SHAG
Premium Member
New Jersey

SHAG

Premium Member

Our township had another post on the Facebook community forum page about Altice. I guess there is something going on with the town and Altice. I entered the chat stating thier stock tanked even lower. Some people thought Altice would be break up and sold off. I merely pointed out Altice has been trying to sell itself off several of their assets. I basically said chances are Comcast or Charter who would have have the capital to purchase Altice but it would never pass the sniff tests at local, state and federal levels due to anti trust. Some of the comments made me shake my head.
tired_runner
Premium Member
CT
·Frontier FiberOp..

1 recommendation

tired_runner

Premium Member

The problem with Altice is that it's still a mom-and-pop shop based on their footprint, and as such they're subject to all the pre-historic protectionisms that allowed them to operate to begin with.

The best next step for Altice is to be sold off. Comcrap or Spectrum need to come up with a juicy dollar amount to make it work.

Politicians don't care about anti-trust. They care about protecting their votes. Why else do you think public housing now gets free internet for the next three years?
iron1050
join:2022-07-30
Brooklyn, NY

iron1050

I wonder if New York would even allow Charter to buy Altice, especially with how they almost Charter out of the state a few years ago
tired_runner
Premium Member
CT

tired_runner

Premium Member

Charter is fairly entrenched in the tri-state area. I'm sure Schumer extorted them a little more to stay onboard, and they simply put up a small fight for good measure.
pug_ster
join:2007-04-25
Brooklyn, NY

pug_ster to SHAG

to SHAG
These greedy people from Altice are getting out most of the profit while not investing in its infrastructure. At this rate it will go to bankruptcy in less than 2 years when companies like Verizon are building out in places where Optimum is the only provider in their address. I recently got fliers about FiOS is available in my address and I jumped ship right away.

Bobcat00
New Jersey

2 recommendations

Bobcat00

said by pug_ster:

These greedy people from Altice are getting out most of the profit while not investing in its infrastructure. At this rate it will go to bankruptcy in less than 2 years when companies like Verizon are building out in places where Optimum is the only provider in their address. I recently got fliers about FiOS is available in my address and I jumped ship right away.

As we speak, a crew is installing conduit for Altice Fiber right down the street from me. Verizon is nowhere to be found.
SHAG
Premium Member
New Jersey

SHAG

Premium Member

said by Bobcat00:

As we speak, a crew is installing conduit for Altice Fiber right down the street from me. Verizon is nowhere to be found.

That's because Verizon's next generation mobile network with be ready "any day now". Once that is up and running, FiOS will be completely abandoned much like the copper network. Altice is hoping to be 100% fiber to make a sale go easier. It is probably known that fiber is the lipstick on an otherwise pig.
tired_runner
Premium Member
CT

tired_runner

Premium Member

That's a joke.

Verizon is just like T-Mobile in my neck of the woods; Unusable at night.