MVM
join:2009-11-25

2 recommendations

HELLFIRE

MVM

LendUS data breach class action settlement

»topclassactions.com/laws ··· tlement/
quote:
LendUS agreed to a class action settlement to resolve claims it failed to protect consumers from a 2021 data breach. The settlement benefits individuals who received a data breach notice from LendUS regarding a cyberattack that occurred between Feb. 2 and March 22, 2021. The settlement also covers a California subclass of the same consumers who lived in California when they received their data breach notice. From February to March 2021, LendUS was reportedly the victim of a cyberattack that compromised consumer information including Social Security numbers. Affected consumers took legal action against the company, arguing that LendUS could have prevented the breach through reasonable cybersecurity measures. LendUS is a California-based mortgage lender. CrossCountry Mortgage acquired the company In April 2022. LendUS hasn’t admitted any wrongdoing but agreed to pay an undisclosed amount to resolve the data breach class action lawsuit. Under the terms of the settlement, class members can receive up to $500 in reimbursement for documented data breach losses including bank fees, communication charges, credit report costs and more. Class members must provide documentation of these losses in order to receive compensation.
Up to $500, huh? D**n, I'll have to check if I qualify for this... I can use the money /sarcasm

Regards