uniqs
webcobbler
join:2013-03-09
Rumson, NJ

1 edit

webcobbler

MLB Network multiple VHO outage on 86 and 586

I am in VHO7.

I was watching the Red Sox vs Marlins Game on the MLB Network on channel 586.

Then, just around 7:45PM, the screen went black. I also checked the SD channel on 86. Same thing.

I see this channel outage on both my STB's and my Digital Adapter.

All other channels seem fine, as far as I can tell.

- - -

I ask others to please check and post back, if they see the same issue.

Thank You,

webcobbler
TonyD79
join:2010-04-08
Ellicott City, MD

TonyD79

Re: MLB Network on 86 and 586 outage

Yeah. It’s broke good. Fios box screen freezes. Fios app just has circles until it says cannot process. TiVo thinks channel is not authorized.

But TiVo sees SD.

Add: they all see SD. But it does freeze a lot.
webcobbler
Rumson, NJ

webcobbler

TonyD79,

Thank You for responding, and confirming that you see this, as well. I appreciate it.

Also we now know that it is a multiple VHO channel outage. I will edit the main Topic to say as much.

We just need to wait until it is fixed.

Thanks again,

webcobbler

machpost
join:2002-01-11
Washington, DC

machpost to webcobbler

to webcobbler

Re: MLB Network multiple VHO outage on 86 and 586

Hmmm, I think this might be a widespread outage, because I tried to watch the game earlier on another provider (in a hotel room) and I got sound but no picture.
TonyD79
Ellicott City, MD

TonyD79

I was able to watch it on directv stream so it might be multiple carriers but not all.

Anona1878
@74.96.93.x

1 recommendation

Anona1878

Anon

Vienna, VA here, MLB is still down on FIOS (586 and 86). Went through the automated Vz agent and rebooted my STBs and ONT, no help. Was finally able to get a live (seemed live at least, suppose could be an AI) via the chat function, which confirmed there is a national MBL network outage. They opened a ticket for me and appended it to the master ticket, and said the estimated restoration time is around 7PM tonight, March 1st.
TonyD79
Ellicott City, MD

TonyD79

Thanks.
TonyD79

TonyD79

Fixed.
webcobbler
Rumson, NJ

webcobbler

said by TonyD79:

Fixed.

I see this as well. On both the SD and HD feeds on the STB. As well as channel 86 on the Digital Adapter.

I am glad it is back to normal again.
TonyD79
Ellicott City, MD

TonyD79

There was a time this afternoon when an odd loop of a commercial and some Fios promos ran over and over. I figured it was part of their testing to get it back working again.