elperepat
Premium Member
join:2004-01-04
Alma, QC

elperepat

Premium Member

Cannot login to webmail

Hi!

I just discovered this website and WOW.. so much information and details about things I wanted to know about Cogeco.

So, I'm on Cogeco Standard (and now greatly improved) cable modem and got the email telling that webmail was now accessible. Great!! So I tried to log-in, but no go. I get:

-----
Username/Password Failure (-ERR authentication failed)

Please click login to try again
-----

I'm sure I type the email and password as they are in my pop client. Does it matter if my email is @cgocable.ca, instead of cogeco.ca ?? I live in Quebec, so maybe it's not the same... I tried @cogeco.ca to be sure, but get the same error. I tried on two different computers (home on cogeco, and work), using NT and XP, IE6 and Opera7... Nothing seems to help.

So, anything else to try? Not that I need this badly, but it could be useful on trips and holidays.

Thanks all for your help

Patrick
elperepat

elperepat

Premium Member

Ok,

So, second post and I'm replying my own post... Bad...bad

Anyway, there is some developpement:

If I use my.cogeco.ca, »www.cogeco.ca:7443/porta ··· l_o.html it don't work, but if I use mon.cogeco.ca »www.cogeco.ca/webmail/fr ··· gin.html (french version), it does... So my guess is that even if both pages are almost identical, they don't get data from the same database... Can anyone confirm?

Thanks

Patrick

Tyrano2K
join:2001-07-29
Canada

2 edits

Tyrano2K to elperepat

to elperepat
you could always just call tech support.
This isn't official support BTW so don't go saying its bad bad service that your replying to your own post or something stupid like that.
Also your problem probably has to do with you being in quebec due to the fact that most people in quebec are french so that would explain why it only works on the french site.
try loggin in using this link: »www.cogeco.ca/webmail/en ··· gin.html

elperepat
Premium Member
join:2004-01-04
Alma, QC

elperepat

Premium Member

Just to clarify, my "bad, bad" comment was because I posted before trying everything. It was more pointed to me than anybody else. Should have waited 5 more minutes before my first post.

I tried login at the addresse you pointed out and it's working fine too.

Thanks for you quick reply

Patrick

MegaSilver
I Brake For Birds
join:2002-04-24
St Catharines, ON

MegaSilver to elperepat

to elperepat
I have had problems with the Selfcare site previously. I would check my email with mail2web.com, so I knew my username ans password, but when I tried to log into Cogeco selfcare it would dennie me. I'd call up the help desk and they would get me in for a day, then I same old problem the next day. After 3 tries at this, I just gave up on it.

Until recently when a friend of mine said to try entering in the first 10 characters of my password only (my password is longer than 10 characters). For some reason that works, and I am now able to log into Selfcare and Webmail.

Just thought I'd add that for anyone reading and may have the same problems.

WyrdSister
Premium Member
join:2003-05-18
Hamilton, ON

1 recommendation

WyrdSister to elperepat

Premium Member

to elperepat
I think you can only use mon.cogeco.ca as your login portal if you have a cgocable.ca username as Ontario only uses cogeco.ca or cogeco.net for usernames. Ontario passwords should be between 6-10 characters only but I don't know what Quebec standards are.
rgreen689
join:2004-02-02
Burlington, ON

rgreen689 to elperepat

to elperepat

Re: Cannot login to Cogeco webmail

I had trouble with the latest Internet Explorer (it hangs at the compose page (in Cogeco Webmail) but Netscape 7.1 works fine (in Ontario) using »www.cogeco.ca/portal/en/ ··· l_o.html

I added Mozilla (free download) to Netscape and it speeds it up once loaded but Netscape 7.1 itself takes awhile to start up because it's so big.