All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
Fenris_Surt
join:2003-11-02
Indian Orchard, MA

Fenris_Surt

Locked Website

For the past 6 hours or so my personal website from Verizon has been refusing to open. If I go to it, it reads:

The requested resource is currently locked. The lock must be released or proper identification given before the method can be applied.

Since they have zero support for PWS I can't find out what it means. Does it even mean anything? Is there someone that I need to contact? Is this just temporary?

Thanks for any information.

BAF
Baffles
Premium Member
join:2004-02-22
Gansevoort, NY

BAF

Premium Member

if you are hosting it, they block port 80, so try port 8080

drake
Back to back
MVM
join:2002-06-10
Bridgeport, CT

drake to Fenris_Surt

MVM

to Fenris_Surt
Port 80 is blocked on the East Coast(Ex-BA) Verizon, if you have a router, you can try forwarding ports.

ChrisDAT
djSpinnerCee
join:2002-02-26
Hollis, NY

ChrisDAT to Fenris_Surt

to Fenris_Surt
I think he's talking about the Verizon-hosted personal webpages at mysite.verizon.net/{username} -- Sometimes you get that "resource locked" message when VOL does backups or something like that. It's a temporary back-end Verizon issue that usually goes away on its own.
Fenris_Surt
join:2003-11-02
Indian Orchard, MA

Fenris_Surt

Sorry if I wasn't clearer in my explanation.

Thanks Compsys, that's what I wanted to hear.
juiceabell
join:2004-02-04
Springtown, TX

juiceabell

If your issue is not cleared in 24 hrs contact tech support, there are trouble shooting steps to take to resolve this issue plus tools to check to see if the pws is being locked or not.
scottfendric
join:2004-06-09
Ossining, NY

scottfendric to Fenris_Surt

to Fenris_Surt
This problem still exists! I have spent HOURS on the phone with different Verizon staff. TWICE I was told by management supervisors that there is NO personal web support. and that "The Personal Web Space is a free offering from Verizon and is offered as a Best Effort service" What the hell does "Best Effort Service" mean??????

The requested resource is currently locked. The lock must be released or proper identification given before the method can be applied.

ChrisDAT
djSpinnerCee
join:2002-02-26
Hollis, NY

ChrisDAT to Fenris_Surt

to Fenris_Surt
Check this out too - »Web Site Problems - Lock Errors -- You are not alone.