Writing
Premium Member
join:2003-03-23
Brooklyn, NY

exocet_cm

Premium Member

Weatherug begs for forgiveness

Click for full size
As you can see I am working on another computer across the internet removing crap.

When I went to uninstall weatherbug I read this. For some reason it just REALLY REALLY pissed me off. Crap like this is BS.

Begging, pleading for me to leave it on...disgusting.

CJ30
join:2000-07-18
USA

CJ30

Did that with a girlfriend years ago when I was young. And yes, it was also disgusting.

richtig
Music Is Emotion
Premium Member
join:2003-02-19
Australia

1 recommendation

richtig to exocet_cm

Premium Member

to exocet_cm
The Red Cross doesn't do that when you close their web-site!

»www.redcross.org/service ··· courses/

koolman2
Premium Member
join:2002-10-01
Anchorage, AK

koolman2 to exocet_cm

Premium Member

to exocet_cm
I actually like weatherbug. After scanning with Ad-Aware and Spybot, it gives no problems whatsoever. It's kinda nice to have alerts right there when they happen, and to know the temperature outside when I'm on the computer. The only complaint I have is that it randomly yells at me to pay to upgrade, which I just click through.

Vvian Kalyss
join:2003-10-14
Stage 5.0

1 recommendation

Vvian Kalyss to exocet_cm

to exocet_cm
Misleading... I thought this thread was about Weatherbug putting a notice on their website finally saying sorry for all the problems they've caused on peoples' computers.

dadkins
Can you do Blu?
MVM
join:2003-09-26
Hercules, CA

dadkins to exocet_cm

MVM

to exocet_cm
That's pathetic! Never did like WeatherSlug.
B04
Premium Member
join:2000-10-28

B04 to Vvian Kalyss

Premium Member

to Vvian Kalyss
Yeah, me too. Too bad...

-- B

P.S. I think I've seen that same begging screen while uninstalling Weatherbug, but what can you do... AOL in particular is notorious for this nonsense. Then they leave a NEW icon on your desktop AFTER you finally manage to uninstall it.

exocet_cm
Writing
Premium Member
join:2003-03-23
Brooklyn, NY

1 edit

exocet_cm

Premium Member

said by B04:

Yeah, me too. Too bad...

-- B

P.S. I think I've seen that same begging screen while uninstalling Weatherbug, but what can you do... AOL in particular is notorious for this nonsense. Then they leave a NEW icon on your desktop AFTER you finally manage to uninstall it.
AOL AIM installs their icons everywhere. Start menu, program files, desktop, IE favorites.

Edit: Sorry for the misleading title...

Steve
I know your IP address

join:2001-03-10
Tustin, CA

2 recommendations

Steve to exocet_cm

to exocet_cm
Weatherbug at least performs a service that a very wide variety of people actively prefer - I have several customers that say "I don't care" about the privacy issues. After looking into the program, if I ever left my house and/or cared about the weather, I probably would run it too.

Free sometimes has costs, costs of which some users are more than willing to bear. Not every "phone home" is an atrocity.

Steve
B04
Premium Member
join:2000-10-28

B04 to exocet_cm

Premium Member

to exocet_cm

Re: Weatherug, for theTemperature-Sensitive Toupee

Hey no need to apologize. Misleading titles are the lifeblood of a vibrant forum.

Or maybe not. But don't sweat it.

-- B

sivran
Vive Vivaldi
Premium Member
join:2003-09-15
Irving, TX

sivran to exocet_cm

Premium Member

to exocet_cm

Re: Weatherug begs for forgiveness

I donno, I thought the screenshot was rather amusing, actually.

Anonymous88
Premium Member
join:2004-06-01
IA

Anonymous88 to koolman2

Premium Member

to koolman2
said by koolman2:

I actually like weatherbug. After scanning with Ad-Aware and Spybot, it gives no problems whatsoever. It's kinda nice to have alerts right there when they happen, and to know the temperature outside when I'm on the computer. The only complaint I have is that it randomly yells at me to pay to upgrade, which I just click through.
»www.singerscreations.com/

black knight
Premium Member
join:2004-06-22
Oxford, CT

black knight to exocet_cm

Premium Member

to exocet_cm
And For those of Use running the "FOX". You can get 'Weatherfox" FREE. Works great.

BK

richtig
Music Is Emotion
Premium Member
join:2003-02-19
Australia

richtig to Steve

Premium Member

to Steve
They pretend to provide a metric temperature. It displays Celsius in the big images, but the forecasts don't. When will the great USA catch up with the rest of the world? Besides, here in Australia there is an adequate free service from the Bureau of Meteorology.

Steely
I rise when the sun goes down
Premium Member
join:2000-10-15
Princeton Junction, NJ

2 edits

1 recommendation

Steely to black knight

Premium Member

to black knight
said by black knight:

And For those of Use running the "FOX". You can get 'Weatherfox" FREE. Works great.
"Weatherfox" is actually now "ForecastFox," and it's available here.

What is it?

ForecastFox is an extension that brings international weather from The Weather ChanelĀ® to your Firefox web browser. You can use your US zip code or you can easily find your town or city by using the built in search tool. It is unobtrusive and lightweight, yet can be customized to display nearly as much data as the leading desktop weather programs! If you can't find what you are looking for, double-click the weather icons displayed to open the weather.comĀ® forecast for that day. A slider, slimilar to when popup notification for when all downloads complete, pops up from the bottom right corner of your screen when the current conditions are updated. You can even set what appears in it or disable it!

ForecastFox lets you customize everything, from the number of days to be forecasted, to the content of the tooltips. You can decide whether to see the labels, and you can decide what toolbar to place Forecastfox in. The options window is intuitive and makes it fast and easy to change any of the settings you'd like.

The profile system lets you easily change between multiple locations. Each profile saves all of its own settings, including the tooltips and labels, the number of days forecasted and the location of the forecast. There is even a setting that allows you to automatically rotate between the profiles at a given time interval.

Go for it!

Nogard is me
Premium Member
join:2004-01-08
Columbus, OH

1 recommendation

Nogard is me to exocet_cm

Premium Member

to exocet_cm
LOL Weatherbug begs for forgiveness is a big joke. Weatherbug is really junk. They say after you try to uninstall that it can save your life. It also says that they can warn you of severe weather alerts but so can the TV. Anyway, dump the junk and get weather pulse. It's better, freee and not ads or spyware.

koolman2
Premium Member
Anchorage, AK

koolman2

Premium Member

I don't watch Tv.

Nogard is me
Premium Member
join:2004-01-08
Columbus, OH

1 recommendation

Nogard is me

Premium Member

LOL... Look out the window and if you a see a storm you know there's a storm. If you see a tornado than run and take cover. J/K...

koolman2
Premium Member
Anchorage, AK

koolman2

Premium Member

It's not easy with these darn mountains and trees in the way!

dadkins
Can you do Blu?
MVM
Hercules, CA

dadkins

MVM

»www.srh.noaa.gov/data/fo ··· nchorage

koolman2
Premium Member
Anchorage, AK

koolman2

Premium Member

There's a difference between opening a browser, looking through my favorites, clicking the link, waiting for load..., rather than looking at my taskbar and seeing that it's 26 degrees out.

dadkins
Can you do Blu?
MVM
Hercules, CA

1 recommendation

dadkins

MVM

FREE & No Ads: »www.tropicdesigns.net/mo ··· ge&pid=1

DaveDude
No Fear
join:1999-09-01
New Jersey

DaveDude

Ads with weather, I got tired of weatherbug throwing ads at me at every turn, weather exchange is good too.

dongyrn
Professional Geek
join:2003-07-14
Martinsburg, WV

dongyrn to Steely

to Steely
Yeah, I used to use Weatherbug too, uninstalled from all computers and put Weatherfox on my Firefox browser instead, been very pleased, no more annoyances. I actually don't miss the alerts that much, half the time they were annoying non-critical crap that didn't affect me anyways. Oooh, a frost warning, better take an extra 3 seconds to warm the car up in the garage...

not quite right
I'm not cool enough to be a Mac person
join:2001-06-23
Puyallup, WA

2 edits

not quite right to exocet_cm

to exocet_cm
Why would you need to install a program to do this?
Right there on the ol' home page.

sivran
Vive Vivaldi
Premium Member
join:2003-09-15
Irving, TX

sivran to dadkins

Premium Member

to dadkins
Weatherpulse uses too much memory

Should this really be here, in Security?

dbarber
join:2000-07-25
West Chester, PA

dbarber to exocet_cm

to exocet_cm
Uh..., none of you use this? It uses 3476 k of memory, but I don't mind.

pcdebb
birdbrain
Premium Member
join:2000-12-03
Brandon, FL

pcdebb to exocet_cm

Premium Member

to exocet_cm
it can save your life? lol

gracie7
Geek Goddess
Premium Member
join:2003-07-15
confusion

gracie7 to Steve

Premium Member

to Steve
said by Steve:

if I ever left my house ... I probably would run it too.
ROTFLMAO! i resemble that remark... (just a little levity in a discussion about something--weatherbug---that usually gets my ire up.)

dadkins
Can you do Blu?
MVM
Hercules, CA

2 edits

dadkins to sivran

MVM

to sivran
LOL! I didn't start it.

As for WP using too much memory... Ok. Under 4MB doesn't bother my laptop in the slightest.
YMMV.