spc
Search similar:

uniqs

tbsi
@swbell.net

tbsi

Anon

dlink 624 disconnect

Any computer gurus out there? Here is what I have. I had a Dlink 614+ router at the house, worked perfectly. I wanted to upgrade to a wireless G router so I bought a Dlink 624. Hooked it up all seems to be working, but about every 5 minutes I get the little message on the bottom right of my screen that says the LAN connection is disconnected. I called Dlink and after a trial and error session they concluded the router must be bad, so they sent a new one. New one does the same thing. I thought I'd try a little experiment, I took it to my business and hooked it up with no problems and ran it for 3 days, no problems there. Now I am stumped, I am using the same cable modem at both places and running WinXP pro on all systems. I have changed all lan cables also. It must be a problem with my system, who knows. The old Dlink 614 works flawlessly, anyone else seen this or have suggestions?

peterdmar
join:2001-01-29
San Francisco, CA

2 edits

1 recommendation

peterdmar

Interference from other Wi-Fi networks in the vicinity or interference from other 24 MHz radio sources may be your problem. My experience with the Dlink 624 is that this model is extremely sensitive to interference. Strong interference may cause this model to disconnect and reboot. For me I, was able to get around this by not using channel bonding or turbo mode (108 Mbps) but to set it at 54 Mbps only and to try all 11 channels to see which one works the best.
tquade7
join:2000-10-14
Regina, SK

tquade7

It is actually the 2.4 GHz band.

I'm correcting this infommation as it is important; so people know what to look for when buying wireless phones, etc. If it says 2.4 GHz than probably avoid it.

Ted

Drew -
@rr.com

Drew -

Anon

I also have the same problem of the router disconnecting every 3min to 7min. I have tried everything. Called tech support , factory reset, firmware upgrade, exchanged for an another DI-624 and still the same problem. Contacted D-Link and upgraded to their new DI-624M with MIMO and still the same problem. I know its the router because I have 3 hard wired pc and a laptop that all do this. The wireless does not. when using a GFE switch or the MR814v2 netgear router this does not happen. If anyone has a soution please post. tthanks Drew
killerds
join:2005-09-10
Riverside, PA

killerds to tbsi

to tbsi
I've been having the same problem. I also noticed that my connection light was solid constantly even when I wasn't doing anything. I had read that there were problems with UPNP on some routers so I disabled that setting under "tools" and "misc." and so far it's been rock solid.

PliotronX
My Katamari's Bigger Than Your Katamari
join:2000-05-13
Sunland, CA

1 edit

PliotronX to tbsi

to tbsi
I've heard that this router is as sensitive to power line conditions as it is to interference over the air. Your workplace may have newer/better powerlines supplying juice to the router. Perhaps a line conditioner may be in order, or a battery backup with sine wave output. It may not help though, so make sure you can borrow one or buy from a place with good return policy

edit- also before you go through the trouble of a LC or BB w/SWO, try standing the router vertically. There have been discussions about this, but contrary to what it looks like, the router seems to ventilate better when it is on its side (use the little stands to keep the holes clear of the surface). I noticed my 624 ran cooler by touch this way.
Raptorrx
join:2005-09-14
Palo Alto, CA

Raptorrx

Hello All,To keep the heat to a min i put small rubber pads on the bottom of my DI-524 router and it seems to run cooler

ThomasTang
@69.156.x.x

ThomasTang to tbsi

Anon

to tbsi
I'm having the same problem with DI-624.
I found something interesting: if i turn on the Security function and setup a password, sometimes it's getting impossible to reconnect to the router after the disconnection unless I power off the router. But even if I set it ok by powering off and then on the router, it still keeps disconnecting and sometimes cannot reconnect.
The security function has been shut down for about three days and my computer only undergoes disconnction and reconnection (which is REALLY disgusting...)without powering off the router to set it functional.
Anyone can help me out of this "disconnection-reconnection" black hole?.....
Chuck66
join:2004-04-28
Mantua, NJ

Chuck66

Having the same problem for ever, multiple firmware revisions, and different network adapters.

Mine is standing upright.

It comes and goes, I can go months without it, then have a bad week or month with it constant.

The system detected that network adapter Intel(R) PRO/1000 MT Desktop Adapter was connected to the network, and has initiated normal operation over the network adapter.

Intel(R) PRO/1000 MT Desktop Adapter Link has been established: 100Mbps full duplex.

Intel(R) PRO/1000 MT Desktop Adapter Link has been disconnected.

Over and Over

Tipo874
@telia.com

Tipo874

Anon

I bought a DI-624 (HW C3) about five weeks ago as a replacement for a DI-804V that broke down.

It worked fine for a while, until both I and my son noticed that we were dropping connections, and I found that the router was frequently rebooting.

I called D-link support, and as it was within one month after I bought it, they classified it as a DOA and sent me another one (HW H1). I loaded my config into it, and it behaved exactly the same :-(

Today I believe I found what my problem is, UPNP! I noticed some strange traffic on the LAN about two weeks ago, and found out that it was the router sending UPNP multicasts, and I found a button to disable it. The problems apparently began after this.

It has now been up for several hours while it would crash within minutes if I had UPNP disabled.

I have been running firmware 2.53 and I also got 2.55 from the support, but that didn't help a bit.