spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Krypty
join:2004-07-09
Olathe, KS

Krypty

Best vacuum on the markey right now?

Hey there. I am posting this for my mother. She has two dogs and two cats, and has been looking at the Dyson DC15 "Animal" for a few weeks. Right now, what is the best vacuum out there that has enough suction power to deal with pets? Thanks!

MrFixitCT
pay it forward

join:2000-12-01
Port Charlotte, FL

1 recommendation

MrFixitCT

I tried the Dyson animal and, for the $$, found it unsatisfactory (returned it). Perhaps it's just because it looks too much like a toy and the stair cleaning beater brush is vacuum powered so any resistance stops the brush.. I still have yet to find one that'll beat my trusty rainbow..

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil to Krypty

Premium Member

to Krypty
We have a filter Queen, sitting unused in the garage. it is a good cleaner, but we felt it wasn't as good as the Kirby.

cocothebean8
You Are My Nightmare
Premium Member
join:2002-11-16
Carson City, NV

cocothebean8 to Krypty

Premium Member

to Krypty
I hate bagless vacuums!!!
Krypty
join:2004-07-09
Olathe, KS

Krypty

Any more opinions?

Dirty Carpets
@covad.net

Dirty Carpets to Krypty

Anon

to Krypty
Kirby is supposed to be the best, if you want to pay high bucks, maybe there are some used ones sucking around.

Johkal
Cool Cat
MVM
join:2002-11-13
Pennsyltucky

1 edit

Johkal to Krypty

MVM

to Krypty
Another vote for the "Rainbow"

»www.rainbowsystem.com/eng/

weiser
GO CUBS
Premium Member
join:2003-05-07
South Bend, IN

weiser to Krypty

Premium Member

to Krypty
My wife loves her Oreck

AzDragonLord
join:2003-10-21
Florence, AZ

AzDragonLord to Krypty

to Krypty
Rainbow will suck the bag right out of a Kirby, but both are pretty pricy.

danny9
Go Ahead, Make My Day
Premium Member
join:2002-07-14
Clinton Township, MI

danny9 to Krypty

Premium Member

to Krypty
Been using the Eureka, The Boss, for the last year and am quite pleased with it. Has been rated a best buy by Consumers Report the previous 2 years.
I have 3 cats and it works very well. It picks up those cat hairs.
One of the quietest vacuums I have used.
Has a Hepa filter and does use bags.
Available at all fine retailers, since this does sound like an ad, but I purchased it at Sears.

sawman
Premium Member
join:2002-04-25
BC KS

sawman to Krypty

Premium Member

to Krypty
Hoover windtunnel works well and well rated.

marti
Color outside the lines
MVM
join:2001-12-14
Houston, TX

marti to Krypty

MVM

to Krypty
I love my Panasonic vac

Dirty Carpets
@covad.net

Dirty Carpets to Krypty

Anon

to Krypty
I had a rainbow, it wasn't so great.
If you do some research on the web, it isn't even considered a vacuum, more like a blower motor mounted on a tank of water. They are high maintenance.
It may be good for dusting furniture, but for carpeting it doesn't cut the mustard.

Dirty Capets
@covad.net

Dirty Capets to Krypty

Anon

to Krypty
I have two vacuums now, a Hoover self propelled (a metal one with bags, not the new all plastic garbage) for all the carpeting, and one of those 8 gallon tank types "Shop Vac" that I have fitted with a bag, I use that on the kitchen floor, and every where else, even on the carpeting where there is hair stuck in the fibers. When my Mom was on chemo, all her hair was falling out getting into the carpeting.
ke4pym
Premium Member
join:2004-07-24
Charlotte, NC

ke4pym to Krypty

Premium Member

to Krypty
I've had the Dyson "Animal" for about a year now. Thing is freakin awesome. No problems what so ever with it.

It will suck the color out of a marble - even with a full canister.

When I first got it, I ran my crappy old vacuum cleaner around the house. Then went behind it with the Dyson. It filled the canister up half freakin way.

INTENS1
Never Stop Trying
MVM
join:2002-04-21
Midwest

INTENS1 to Krypty

MVM

to Krypty
If there was a poll, my vote would be for "Oreck"...
IAmTheEvilest
There Is Nothing Like A Restart
join:2001-01-03
Milpitas, CA

IAmTheEvilest to Krypty

to Krypty
Miele makes some of the best canister vacuums on the market.

»www.miele.com

Steve B
Premium Member
join:2004-08-02
Auburn, WA

Steve B to Krypty

Premium Member

to Krypty
I have had my Oreck for a few years now and I am very happy with it.

Carl
Premium Member
join:2004-07-21
Lafayette, LA

Carl to Krypty

Premium Member

to Krypty
I have an Oreck...I love it!

Bobb5
Premium Member
join:2001-02-16
Kent, WA

4 edits

Bobb5 to Krypty

Premium Member

to Krypty
Hoover, Sears or Eureka are good bets.
Dysons are a rip and only rate average, most all of the expensive brands rate average or poor, likee Rainbow, Oreck, etc.
With the exception of Kirby, they are good, just cost waaay to much!

Kenmore (Sears) Progressive with Direct Drive 35922
CR Best Buy
Progressive with Direct Drive 35923 $300

Kenmore (Sears) Progressive with Direct Drive 36932
CR Best Buy
Progressive with Direct Drive 36933 $300

Eureka Boss Smart Vac Ultra 4870 CR Best Buy

I just picked this one up last week.
Save $25.00 when you spend $125.00 or more on Kitchen & Housewares or Bed & Bath products offered by Amazon.com. Enter code MAYSAVER at checkout

Hoover U5760-900 Windtunnel Bagless Upright Vacuum with Power Hand Tool
Free replacement belts for the life of the cleaner
The reviews there at Amazon are written by Morons!
The one is talking about a self propelled, which this is not! Plus free belts for life!
We have Two big dogs and Three cats, it really sucks pet hair up well.
Bagless is the only way to go, especially if you have pets. Just no question.

»www.amazon.com/gp/produc ··· n=284507
Consumer reports:
RECOMMENDATIONS & NOTES
Excellent carpet cleaning helps distinguish this very good, bagless vac. Less tippy than most with hose fully extended. Small rotating brush for stairs. HEPA filter: $30 (Replace every 3 years).
==========================
Worlds first Sport utility vacuum! Coolest I've seen, don't know how well it rates though. Spendy also.
»www.hoover.com/HooverZ/H ··· Html.asp
»www.amazon.com/gp/produc ··· n=284507

Barbara Ann
MVM
join:2000-10-17
Canada

Barbara Ann to sawman

MVM

to sawman
I second the Hoover Windtunnel »www.hoover.com/db/xq/asp ··· ight.htm

With 15 birds and 1 schnauzer I really got great value from it.
Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium Member
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ

Kearnstd to Krypty

Premium Member

to Krypty
id trust consumer reports best buys.

imo spending 500 on a Dyson is silly when a CU best buy Hoover for hundreds less does better.

Skand
join:2001-06-01
Corpus Christi, TX

1 edit

Skand to Krypty

to Krypty
My wife and I bought the Dyson DC14 and absolutely love it! We were a bit worried that it wouldn't handle our pet hair very well compared to the animal version. We have a lab and no matter the amount of brushing, there is still shedding. The dyson will pick it up fantastically.

We used to have a kirby and the thing was freaking heavy! The dyson is so light and moves around the house with no problem. I kid you not, but daughter loves it when I let her vacuum.

I love my dyson and wouldn't trade it for another vacuum.
91439306 (banned)
15,000 Watts of Bass Power
join:2002-10-16
New Milford, CT

91439306 (banned) to Snakeoil

to Snakeoil
I had two Filter Queens, dating back to 1957 or so. They were okay, and the wife now has a Dyson, which is okay for light cleaning, but my favorite is still a shop vac, because nothing comes close on suction power. All the uprights are wimpy and you have to keep going over the same spot before they pick everything up.
The shop vac only has to go near some dirt, and even from inches away, it pulls it all in. Quicker, more efficient use of time.
Only thing is my wife wants something light and easy to move around which the the 16 gallon shop vac isn't.

Ryokincaid
Dread Pirate Roberts

join:2000-08-28
Bellflower, CA

Ryokincaid to Krypty

to Krypty
Another vote for the Dyson DC14 (non-pet). We have 3 dogs, and 2 cats and it picks up the animal hair wonderfully. Initially, I was unsure of the bagless design, but the way the dyson release works, it's not very messy at all.

TOTC
I only exist to make you cry
Premium Member
join:2001-05-16
Van Nuys, CA

TOTC to Krypty

Premium Member

to Krypty
I recently pickup'ed a Hoover Bagless, the one mentioned by Bobb5 See Profile and Barbara Ann See Profile, I can assure you that thing is a beast, it picks up dust and anything even when you don't see it. I have a chihuahua, short haired, but she still sheds quite a load and the Hoover picks up loads of anything you throw at it.

Just my .02 cents.

Reg Mauler
Premium Member
join:2004-01-06
Phoenix,AZ

1 edit

Reg Mauler to Krypty

Premium Member

to Krypty
Chalk me up for a vote on the Eureka 4870D/DT. I've had mine for 3 years now and not a problem. The thing would probably suck gum out of the carpet! Some people say it's heavy, but they are just pussies

Edit: Forgot to add that since it's HEPA sealed, what goes in the vacuum stays in the vacuum. It's also way cheap!

hdtvtechno
join:2005-09-04
Chicago, IL

hdtvtechno to Krypty

to Krypty
Nobody mentioned the Fantom vaccumms

I have the fantom twister
»www.fantom.com/fantom/pr ··· Catalog)

Love it, it can suck anything, it is the most powerfull out there

koolman2
Premium Member
join:2002-10-01
Anchorage, AK

koolman2 to Krypty

Premium Member

to Krypty
Yet another vote for Rainbow. Ours is dated to somewhere around the late 80's, and aside from some normal maintenance, is working as if it were brand-new.

Hayward0
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium Member
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL

4 edits

Hayward0 to Krypty

Premium Member

to Krypty
said by Krypty:

Hey there. I am posting this for my mother. She has two dogs and two cats, and has been looking at the Dyson DC15 "Animal" for a few weeks. Right now, what is the best vacuum out there that has enough suction power to deal with pets? Thanks!
You wanna pay the BUCKS (unless you get a good promotion as I did) I have a now 17+ year old Kirby Heritage II....
nothing it has ever sucked up has phased it... painfully/scarely noisy maybe but just kept on.

Last October in Wilma it went under 25" of SALT water for 6 hours... guess what... it is still cooking and sucking up all the dog hair and everything else ever thrown at it, like it never even happened.