spc
Search similar:

uniqs
acrowl
join:2001-08-08
California, KY

acrowl

2.0 = No TV Guide Updates

I have a Panasonic TV that has the TV guide function built in. Having a cable card, this makes it nice to have the menu function of programming. Ever since the 2.0 upgrade, this function has failed to work. It has been unable to update.

Is anyone else having this problem? I can only figure that the channel the TV knows to tune into for this area to get the info has moved.

Thanks in advance.

Andrew in Northern Kentucky
monsterinlex
join:2006-11-04
Lexington, KY

monsterinlex

Somewhere in your TV / cablecard setup is a “scan for channels “ thingy, do that. The stuff I got in the mail from Insight about Insight 2.0 had an insert about that.
It makes since that you cablecard guide would become totally confused by the channel renumbering

ComTech6
Premium Member
join:2006-01-20
Cicero, IN

ComTech6 to acrowl

Premium Member

to acrowl
In your bill there is instructions on how to trouble shoot if you experience problems with the cable card. It says turn off the tv and take the card out and turn the tv back on. Then turn it back off and put the card back in, then turn it back on. That should work, if not you will need to have the card replaced.

Greg_Z
Premium Member
Springfield, IL

Greg_Z to acrowl

Premium Member

to acrowl
acrowl, unless your mail delivery person tossed the mail-out about the 2.0 update, or you tossed it, you should of received it on Monday before the update to 2.0.
acrowl
California, KY

acrowl

All,

Just to have the forum updated for future reference, I was able to solve my issue.

When 2.0 launched I reprogrammed my TV to only receive the HD channels from the local stations. So every morning when the TV Guide part of the TV went out for the download, it could not get the packet of information. In the eyes of teh TV, those channels did not exist.

It looks as if the local affiliates do not transmit this data on their HD channels. I unlocked things so the analog would come in....and this morning I had my cable card TV guide menu back.

Thanks for those who posted a response.

acrowl

NKY System

Macy
South Of Insanity
MVM,
join:2001-12-02
Pink Beanbag

Macy to acrowl

MVM,

to acrowl

(topic move) 2.0 = No TV Guide Updates

Moderator Action
The post that was here (and all 5 followups to it), has been moved to a new topic .. »(OT) 2.0 = No TV Guide Updates

stated reason was: Off topic