All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
sccrzeus
join:2005-01-26
Keller, TX

sccrzeus

Actiontec router with VOIP (specifically Sunrocket)

I just had FIOS TV installed and now my Sunrocket VOIP "gizmo" (Innomedia) will not function properly. In speaking with both tech support from Verizon and Sunrocket, they both want to set my gizmo before the Actiontec router and use DMZ functionality to get it to work. Has anyone else had issues once the Actiontec router was installed? If so what did you do?

Also, Sunrocket had only provided so-so performance. Any recommendations as to which VOIP service provider seems to work well with the FIOS and the Actiontec router?
robjlevin
join:2002-10-30
Medford, NJ

robjlevin

I couldn't get CallVantage to work behind the Actiontec so I switched to Vonage. Call quality is excellent and it's cheaper.

The Vonage TA took less than 5 minutes to set up.
artisticcheese0
join:2004-11-09
The Colony, TX

artisticcheese0 to sccrzeus

to sccrzeus
I'm using Sunrocket behind Actiontec without any problems. Not using DMZ setup either. Are using default setup of Actiontec (all outgoing ports open)?
sccrzeus
Keller, TX

sccrzeus

I am using the default settings. Artisticcheese, what gizmo do you have?
artisticcheese0
The Colony, TX

artisticcheese0

I have their old modem (1.5 years ago).
Says model type:211
Application Code Version: SIP version 4.62 US (APP 14 )
Downloader Code Version: 4.62 US (LDR 14 )
CPU Hw Version: 7
sccrzeus
Keller, TX

sccrzeus

I am currently on hold with Sunrocket Tech support and if they can't help me I am going to go somewhere else. Currently Viatalk has their 2 year deal going on now. Is anyone using Viatalk with the Actiontec router?
artisticcheese0
The Colony, TX

artisticcheese0

Sunrocket does work with Actiontec, if you would be unable to resolve the issue going to Viatalk might not fix it by itself depending which part is broken.
sccrzeus
Keller, TX

sccrzeus

Good grief.....I finally got it to work. The tech recommended that I use port triggeing all ports under the UDP protocol.
dsur
join:2007-02-03
Bethesda, MD

dsur

Click for full size
Port Triggering screen
Can you give more details on the configuration you used to get the sunrocket to work with verizon fios? Was it both ingoing and outgoint ports? I really need help and Verizon and SR are giving me the run around!

-Doug
mblitch
join:2005-11-02
Tampa, FL

mblitch

I had problems since installing FIOS. I finally got around to call Sunrocket and getting the issue moved to tier 2. The tech ensured I had the most recent Actiontec firmware (.160) and then logged connected to my Gizmo and adjusted something. Now I can have calls going in and out where previously calling out would get fast busy signal and calls coming in would be silent.

batterup
I Can Not Tell A Lie.
Premium Member
join:2003-02-06
Netcong, NJ

batterup to sccrzeus

Premium Member

to sccrzeus
Verizon is not the problem, why are you wasting their time and money calling Verizon customer support? Do you call subrocket when the TV signal doesn't work?

schipperke
join:1999-11-29
Potomac, MD

schipperke

Just got Fios, and have made a few calls out, and incoming work too. Actiontec Router (man that thing is huge) with an AC-211. I went in the port forwarding and used the "SIP" forwarding configuration to the Gizmo. Only thing not great about my install was they used coax, so I'm stuck with this router. Seems to work OK so far, I can VPN with it. I liked my 850g with the WRT firmware though. My problem is figuring out the QoS setup, VERY confusing to me. I did a big download while wife was on the phone, and it was badly degrading it. As soon as the download ended, no problem

AruP
@verizon.net

AruP to mblitch

Anon

to mblitch
Great! Had the same problem and solved. Thanks mblitch.

Teasip
join:2001-05-14
Plano, TX

Teasip to sccrzeus

to sccrzeus
How was it resolved?
lhoner
join:2006-10-26

lhoner

said by Teasip:

How was it resolved?
well it appears that the .160 version of the actiontec firmware that verizon pushed down has an IP filtering rule configured to specifically block sunrocket VoIP traffic. How fucked up is that?
artisticcheese0
The Colony, TX

artisticcheese0

Nothing was blocked in firmare. Sunrocket died 2 days ago so it does not matter wether actually issue resolved or not.
lhoner
join:2006-10-26

lhoner

said by artisticcheese0:

Nothing was blocked in firmare. Sunrocket died 2 days ago so it does not matter wether actually issue resolved or not.
i'm aware that sunrocket just died but that doesn't change that fact that there is an Advanced Filtering rule configured on my router to Drop the sunrocket ports and i didn't put it there.
DMS1
join:2005-04-06
Plano, TX

DMS1

said by lhoner:

said by artisticcheese0:

i'm aware that sunrocket just died but that doesn't change that fact that there is an Advanced Filtering rule configured on my router to Drop the sunrocket ports and i didn't put it there.
Can you post a screenshot of this, and tell us how to navigate to the page that shows the rule.
splicingdan
join:2005-10-13
Staten Island, NY

splicingdan to lhoner

to lhoner
said by lhoner:

said by Teasip:

How was it resolved?
well it appears that the .160 version of the actiontec firmware that verizon pushed down has an IP filtering rule configured to specifically block sunrocket VoIP traffic. How fucked up is that?
Not true.

I completed an installation with the latest version of firmware on Tuesday and the customer has Sunrocket and everything was working fine.

Pureblood
'Let's Go Brandon'
Premium Member
join:2000-10-18
PorkRoll NJ
·Optimum Online
(Software) pfSense
Netgear WAX630

2 edits

Pureblood to sccrzeus

Premium Member

to sccrzeus
said by sccrzeus:

Any recommendations as to which VOIP service provider seems to work well with the FIOS and the Actiontec router?
I don’t know anything about SR but I had VoicePulse Broadband service for about 4 years on their loaner SPA2000. In my view VP Broadband phone service has the best features. I got Fios in October and the service was worked flawless. When Fios TV became available I dumped it because I got Triple Play and wanted to cut back on a bill or two. I still have my VoicePulse Connect & Inphonex as “pay as you go” services on my SPA3000. The only downside is no features and I opted for no number so I could only dial out, no inbound. Anyway no problems at all on the ActionTec with my SPA3000 with VP or Inphonex

»voicepulse.com/
»connect.voicepulse.com/D ··· ult.aspx
»www.inphonex.com/main/home.php
a98308349823
join:2007-07-03
Portsmouth, NH

a98308349823

Maybe the Sunrocket ATA configured your Actiontec router automatically using UPNP. With UPNP is can configure port forwarding automatically.

I dont know much about it, but maybe thats how the rule got set up?

PS. My vonage box worked flawlessly the day i added it to fios. Never an issue.
druber
join:2000-04-11
Stow, MA

druber

well, it's moot now, since SR is now dead
DMS1
join:2005-04-06
Plano, TX

DMS1 to a98308349823

to a98308349823
said by a98308349823:

Maybe the Sunrocket ATA configured your Actiontec router automatically using UPNP. With UPNP is can configure port forwarding automatically.

I dont know much about it, but maybe thats how the rule got set up?

PS. My vonage box worked flawlessly the day i added it to fios. Never an issue.
The latest Actiontec firmware has built-in forwarding rules for Vonage, Sunrocket, Voicewing and probably others too. This is why I'm surprised that someone was claiming that it contained a rule explicitly to block Sunrocket traffic. However, they didn't respond to my request to show where to find this rule, so I guess they may have just been "confused".
sma3har6
join:2004-08-24
Dallas, TX

sma3har6 to splicingdan

to splicingdan
Can you provide me the steps? When i try to update firmware, it says i already have the latest version. Can you give the version you have installed. Thanks for your help.