Use DMZ and you get a kick in the dick.
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
www.toao.net

Mango to news70

Premium Member

to news70

Re: [Other] Voip.ms -Transfer between sub-acct on different netw

I believe Martin mentioned that you have to contact VoIP.ms and request to be allowed to transfer calls.

Other than that, you should set the Internal Extension on the Manage Sub-Accounts page, and you should be able to conference/transfer calls that way.

I'm not sure if VoIP.ms will add conversation recording because this could be a potentially expensive feature due to disk space and CPU requirements. But, you could submit a feature request.

m.
news70
join:2005-12-30
canada

news70

Thanks Mango for the reply -- just tested subacct extension and it works like charm , didn't know this feature already implemented .

yes I understhand the possible additional cost for the conversation recording feature that's why maybe voip.ms should make it as record-pay-as-you-go ...

where to submit a feature request , on their website or here ? sorry I started to follow the voip chat forum recently
Mango
Premium Member
www.toao.net

Mango

Premium Member

You may submit a feature request by logging into VoIP.ms, and choosing Feature Requests from the Support menu.

m.
news70
join:2005-12-30
canada

1 recommendation

news70

oops, so obvious , just submit one , hopefully voip.ms will listen ...

thanks
drak0
join:2009-05-16

drak0 to Mango

to Mango
said by Mango:

I believe Martin mentioned that you have to contact VoIP.ms and request to be allowed to transfer calls.

Other than that, you should set the Internal Extension on the Manage Sub-Accounts page, and you should be able to conference/transfer calls that way.

I'm not sure if VoIP.ms will add conversation recording because this could be a potentially expensive feature due to disk space and CPU requirements. But, you could submit a feature request.

m.
So blind transfers between subaccounts work? When don't blind transfers work with voip.ms? All you have to do is contact them and they can enable it? I thought I saw a thread where they said it wasn't supported due to billing issues.
Mango
Premium Member
www.toao.net

Mango

Premium Member

Martin said they'd fixed that bug. I believe it was a problem with the CDR module in Asterisk.

Apparently they programmed the fix directly into the CDR module. These guys have skills!

m.
MartinM
VoIP.ms
Premium Member
join:2008-07-21

MartinM

Premium Member

That's correct, it's fixed, a little bit on the hackish side, but it works. However, transfer are still enabled only on a per-request basis (Open a ticket). Once transfers have been enabled, it's permanent on your account and eventually, we'll re-open for everyone without this requirement.

Please note that this is for blind transfers from a Soft phone or VoIP phone. If you're using a device that can handle transfers by itself, such as Asterisk, Trixbox or any other type of PBX, the transfer is handled on your side. In this case, it's not required to ask support to enable transfers on your account.

On a site note, as a courtesy to users of Asterisk:
Would also like to advise people selling VoIP services via Asterisk and relying on asterisk's CDR to bill their customers to turn off transfers. The current behavior from Asterisk CDR with transfers can easily be exploited, and that include all current releases of Asterisk. (Up to 1.6.2 at the time of writing this post).