spc
uniqs

RocketManager
@mindlink.net

RocketManager to Brad Parkinson

Anon

to Brad Parkinson

Re: Is it just ME? i think not. Cablerocket.com bites

As an employee of the CableRocket service I would like to clear up a few misconceptions.
CableRocket does NOT provide the Internet connectivity for Nor-Del Cable. CableRocket provides the technical knowledge and support needed to run a small Cable Internet service. We manage and monitor the equipment that Cable Operators need to provide high speed service to their clients.
Each individual Cable Operator that CableRocket supports is responsible for providing the connectivity to the Internet through the local bandwith provider of their choice. This could be AT&T, MCI, Telus or any other backbone provider locally available.
In Nor-Del's case, the bandwidth provider has not fulfilled its obligations and a new provider has been selected to take over. This should show some improvement in the overall quality of the connection speeds in this area.
VonWolfman2
join:2002-05-26
n0an14

VonWolfman2

Ya , well, i have yet to see them. If you could see my connection right now you would cry. 20% packet loss and 450ms pings to local sites..
VonWolfman2

VonWolfman2 to RocketManager

to RocketManager
said by RocketManager:

In Nor-Del's case, the bandwidth provider has not fulfilled its obligations and a new provider has been selected to take over. This should show some improvement in the overall quality of the connection speeds in this area.
Can't Cablerocket threaten to pull out or something, its getting worse not better, they said they would have this fixed weeks ago and still nothing. Is there a contact email for parasun or cablerocket i could write to? Don Baxtor doesn't return or respond to my emails, tech emails go to him from what i hear.. and all our complaints are falling on deaf ears. Nor-del is draging Cablerocket.com and Parasun down the tubes in word of mouth/forum discussions... proof is in the ping packet loss test as they say »/quali ··· l/826836

and that is the absolute best i have ever gotten, and its like 3:30am so.. no one else around here is really using the conx..

It would be nice is someone from Nor-del ever read or came on here, or told their customers what to expect and when instead of teh standard " fixed in a week" answer...
VonWolfman2

to RocketManager
Does this look like its getting better?

»monitor.dslreports.com/tweak/block:383..[?]

»/speedtests/49879;11..

»/quality/nil/828866

This service SUCKS. I Don't really care if it is Nor-Del or cablerocket or anyone else.. it SUCKS.. dont ever get involved with cablerocket.com or .net or whatever, get anyone else... i have been waiting months and nothing has been fixed, nothing has gotten better.. terrible.. i'm Thinking of getting a lawyer..
VonWolfman2

to RocketManager
said by RocketManager:
Well they are not living up to thier obligations again, and its a differnet isp, execulink. And now its getting worse then it was on OCL.net. Bandwidth is a major problem and they will not do anything about it.. you got any pull there rocket man?

Spike401
Fox Powered
join:2002-04-27
Labrador

Spike401

Re: Is it just ME? i think not. Cablerocket.com bi

Bastards Persona terminated my account 2 days ago, someone down in the US that hates me sent them some fake logs stating I scanned all 65535 of their ports! Now they wont hook me back up. So im on crappy dialup till i can find some way to appeal this blacklist decision to get my service back. Wich i dont think will happen. Cablerocket sucks, Persona sucks! (and theyre in bed together remember so its makes one another no different)
VonWolfman2
join:2002-05-26
n0an14

VonWolfman2

that sucks man..

heres what my local cable company owner sent me in email..

----- Original Message -----
To: VonWolfman
Sent: Friday, November 01, 2002 5:55 PM
Subject: RE: hey

"Its a backwoods cable operation"

We have purchased band width , far in excess of that required to service our clients. Our hybrid fiber/coax plant, complete with state of the art electronics and redundant backup power, throughout our plant and headend, enables us to provide analogue and digital cable television and with the previously noted bandwidth, access to the Internet services for the residents of the five small, rural communities we service.

"They replaced my line out to the box, replaced my modem.. yada yada,"

We do, and will maintain our plant to provide optimum access to these services within the boundaries over which we have control...our system, (headend to subscriber) and access to the Internet through our bandwidth supplier. We cannot, however, control access beyond these boundaries, including traffic on the web, upload and download capabilities of sites visited by clients, bandwidth capabilities of other carriers making up the WWW infrastructer etc...

"I am thinking long and hard about going back to dial up"

This is probabl your solution to all your problems!

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2002 10:39 PM
To: don Baxter
Subject: hey [Don Baxter]

Hey, Don, lets be honest here. Is this ever going to get better? Pings are TERRIBLE. BANDWIDTH is needed BADLY. My speed was 1.5mbps a few weeks ago from the test server, now its 0.755mbps. A guy 2 streets over is still getting 1.5mbps. I can't play any games after 4pm until at least midnight. I cant even ping Execulink under 300ms most nights, and they are providing our route out! Throw me a freaking bone here..

he used some lines i sent in other emails to him, also emails i sent to persona customer service, the line about backwoods cable, anyhow, he's bascily telling me to go back to dial up..

Spike401
Fox Powered
join:2002-04-27
Labrador

Spike401

Argh! Sounds exactally what ive been through, except i lost my service for 6 months. Its that they just dont care, the midsized cable companies (the ones that only service rural areas) know they have a monopoly, and when they provide and acquire areas of service, they make sure there is next to no, or no competetion at all. I been forced to return to dialup due to the fact that there is no other high speed service here. Persona's NOC would not reason with me whatsoever, they even threatened me with legal action due to the fact i was pissed at them. Its like they expected me not to be when they were not listening to me, they said i port scanned, they got logs, and stuff. Yet i have 100% proof on my side that this was totally made up and sent as a hateful measure from some *known* person from the US. Persona told me that the decision was final, i cant get the ban removed for 6 months. They werent even nice to me from the start. Yet they expected it from me. I hope the hell these grubby companies tank. Rural monopoly cable companies are dumb and think they own everything. :/

I dont care if Persona sees this, because they suck!
Next thing they will prolly do is make the ban perm because im telling everyone they suck! Big deal! Its true! Persona sucks!