Search similar:

uniqs
ShockWave77
join:2002-11-09
Tyler, TX

ShockWave77 to blackomegax

to blackomegax

Re: DI-604 problems.

i haven't noticed any random reboots with mine, nor any pictures not loading, but i do notice that when i click on a forum topic, it takes longer to load, as if its checking it all or something. It used to be instant when I didn't have the router. Wish i could get that fixed.

blackomegax
@bellsouth.net

blackomegax to blackomegax

Anon

to blackomegax
bump
lucky168
join:2002-10-20
Vancouver, BC

lucky168 to blackomegax

to blackomegax
Haven't reboot almost 2 weeks...

Here's what I've been doing recently & I don't know if this is why.

Periodically go into Admin and clear my stats and log.

Since I started doing I haven't experience the problem I had before when the 604 "crashed"; that the WAN light stays off. No connection to my cable modem.

People that still have random reboot might want to give this strategy a try.
dbuske
join:2002-12-02
Westby, WI

dbuske to blackomegax

to blackomegax
The 2.10 firmware update is causing the web-based control program not to load completely and the pictures don't load. I can't access any of the programs either. Any help will be appreciated.

dlinkh8r
@forhls01.nm.comcast.

dlinkh8r

Anon

Mine "crashes" but still works for normal internet use. It then firewalls the internal lan along with the lan. It's really annoying when you're trying to share files between computers. I have to reset completely and lose all my settings and have to re load them. This thing is a POS. Anyone had a similar issue?

bharath_ramesh
@204.212.x.x

bharath_ramesh to blackomegax

Anon

to blackomegax
I got a new DI-604 router. I upgraded to firmware 2.10 and after that my router is toast. I can access my router only if i reset it. Even after that it doesnt get the ip address from my ISP. I am using ethernet at home. I previously had 2.02 firmware. Can someone tell me how I could fix this up.

Statman5
join:2002-11-18
Apopka, FL

Statman5 to blackomegax

to blackomegax
This is what I did then reloaded v2.03g and all seems much better.

1-turn off the router, and the dsl/cable modem if you are connected through it.
2-with a paper clip, insert it into the hole at the back of the router for at least 12-15 seconds.
3-turn on the modem, if have and let it stabilize, turn on the router and let it stabilize.
4-enter the router via 192.168.0.1
5-i suggest reloading v2.03g then apply

You might want to reboot your pc but i think this is optional.

S
dbuske
Westby, WI

dbuske to bharath_ramesh

to bharath_ramesh
The 2.10 upgrade resets the address of the card to the default. If you had changed the default address before the update, you have to put in the new address again.
If you are getting the web gui corruption see my post about help for this problem.

The Flash
Premium Member
join:2002-10-17
Toronto, ON

The Flash to blackomegax

Premium Member

to blackomegax
The 2.10 firmware is not bad at all. I don't understand why some many people are having problems with it. Many it's because I have the Titanium version.

bharath_ramesh
@204.212.x.x

bharath_ramesh to dbuske

Anon

to dbuske
I tried changing the mac address again but still my router doesnt get the IP address from my ISP. I am using ethernet at home. I dont have any cable modem. I just plug it into the jack in the wall. I tried using static IP as well. The router still doesnt get any any data from the network. All this happened after I upgraded to firmware 2.10. Any idea what can be done.
bharath_ramesh

bharath_ramesh to The Flash

Anon

to The Flash
Can u tell me from where I can get the titanium version of the 2.10 firm ware because the one i downloaded from dlink seems to have totally toasted my router
TheXMan1
join:2002-07-05
Alabaster, AL

TheXMan1

Try downloading ver 2.10 and flashing the firmware again. You may have had a bad flash. After you flash, power off your router for 30 seconds and see if you have any improvement. There is no different firmware versions. Dlink has just changed the physical housing of the routers. If flashing 2.10 again does not help, try getting an older version of the firmware from »ftp://ftp.dlink.com/Gateway/di ··· irmware/

DLinkSupport
join:2002-07-24
Irvine, CA

DLinkSupport to bharath_ramesh

to bharath_ramesh
Find out what IP address your computer pulls when connected to the ethernet jack in your wall. If your computer gets a 192.168.0.x IP address from the "provider", you will need to reconfigure the LAN IP of the DI-604 to be on a different subnet, like 192.168.1.1. After you change your LAN IP, release and renew the IP on the computer and access the web management using 192.168.1.100.

The latest version of the firmware, ver. 2.10, is the most stable.

bharath_ramesh

Anon

My Computer doesnt not pull a 192.168.0.x but pulls a 204.212.238.x from the "provider". I tried the 2.10 update from the site and used the firmware upgrade option of the web based GUI provided in the router. Somehow after the upgrade the router fails to get the IP address from the "provider"
ScYcS
join:2002-04-12
Westfield, NY

ScYcS

i also have random lockups. The router simply seems to disconnect me completely and after taking the power connector out and back in, it comes back to normal. I am thinking about taking it back and replace it with a linksys or belkin or netgear or siemens unit.
burtgordon
join:2002-12-05
Las Vegas, NV

1 recommendation

burtgordon to bharath_ramesh

to bharath_ramesh
THis might help -- reset your router to the factory original settings by pushing in the rest button

DLinkSupport
Irvine, CA

DLinkSupport

The reboot issue should not occur with F/W 2.10. This FAQ might help those who experience problems when updating the firmware on the DI-604/614+:
F/W Update Help

Updating to F/W 2.10 will wipe out the configuration on the gateway. We recommend performing a hard reset on the gateway after applying the update. After the firmware is applied, release and renew the IP address on the computer to verify that it has properly obtained an address from the gateway.
IP Config 98/ME
IP Config 2000/XP
You should get an address in the 192.168.0.x range.

Next, log into the web management with your browser.
Help Accessing Web Config

Access the WAN configuration and configure the settings as needed. If you have cable, you may need to Clone the MAC address FROM THE COMPUTER THAT NORMALLY MAKES THE CONNECTION TO THE INTERNET. If you have DSL, select PPPoE and enter your username and password just like you do when signing on with the PC connected to the modem. Apply your changes.

Close the browser, then power off the modem and the gateway. Power the modem on first letting it completely stabilize. When the modem is ready, turn the gateway back on and let it stabilize. Test your internet connection, you should be online.
ScYcS
Westfield, NY

ScYcS

i have firmware 2.10. I have no problems connecting to the router as well as no problems connecting to the net. I can get to the status pages just fine.

The random lockups are still there though.

DLinkSupport
Irvine, CA

DLinkSupport

Is it locking up after a certain amount of inactivity, or will it drop connection as you are browsing?
ScYcS
Westfield, NY

ScYcS

it locks up when i make a long constant download. Especially at high speeds around 380kb/sec. I downloaded linux image CDs and the image was 700mb with a constant speed of around 350-390kb/sec and i got 2 lockups in that one file. The server itself never reset, just the router locked up.

a little more info: It locked up previously with a different files which were 240MB-600MB at the same constant speeds. Completely different servers, too.

Another edit: It happens sporadicly. It was fine for 1 week, then it happened once, then fine for another 4 days and today it happened twice. Sometimes i can download big images at high speed without lockups.
[text was edited by author 2003-01-13 19:00:45]

bharath_ramesh
@204.212.x.x

bharath_ramesh to DLinkSupport

Anon

to DLinkSupport
My Dlink router is still broke. This what I did. I had perfectly working router with f/w 2.02 running on it. It worked properly for a weeks till i upgraded the firmware. I use ethernet so I dont have any Cable modem or stuff like that. My isp doesnt not bind the mac address so I dont need to clone the ip address either. I downloaded the 2.10 f/w from the dlink site. I guess its been a bad flash as when the i upgraded the page never loaded as in press continue to restart or whatever your documents say online. It showed that it couldnt not display the page. Then i tried logging in again into the router it worked, but from then onwards its not been able to get the ip address from my provider. This is the same problem i am facing and changing the to another version of the f/w doesnt work. Is there anyway to fix this problem. So that I can get my router working.

AbsoluteJerk
Herban Ledgend
join:2002-03-26
Portland, OR

AbsoluteJerk

said by bharath_ramesh:
I had perfectly working router with f/w 2.02 running on it. It worked properly for a weeks ...
So why were you updating the FW? I've tried, and can't kill my 604. I even unplugged the power mid F/W update and I could recover it! Its ID-10t proof, almost!

Who is your ISP? Is it cable, DSL, Satellite... You said its ethernet, and that doesn't make much sense- there has to be some type of modem, AP, something.... Where does the ethernet come from, besides the wall?? Is there a router in front of the 604 that handles authentication? What IP does the computer get when connected directly to the modem?

Does your computer pull an IP from the DI-604? If you can communicate with the device in any way, its not broken, just misconfigured. If you give some more details on your provider, I can give you more accurate setup steps to get the thing connected.

bharath_ramesh
@204.212.x.x

bharath_ramesh

Anon

I am at school. Anyway my ISP is a local broad band service provider called NTC-Communications(»www.ntc-com.com). There is a router for every apartment from where my computer pulls the IP from, there is no need for any authentication. Whenever i connect i get a 204.212.238.x from my router. After I upgraded to 2.10 firmware my router isnt able to pull the ip from my provider. It says IP request time out. But when I use my computer I am able to pull it instantaneously without any problems. After I upgraded to 2.10 the other thing i noticed is that the router previously would get the correct time from my computer. Now it just shows a default time and date as April whenever I reset the router. Previously with 2.02 it would get the time from my computer and I would just have to correct the timezone and enable DST. After the router broke whenever I change my firmware according to this from Dlink FAQs

Step 6 Click on the Tools tab and then the Firmware button on the left side. Click on the Browse button and browse to the .bin file you extracted in Step 1. Highlight the file by clicking on it once and click Open. Click Apply. It will take a few seconds for the upgrade to complete. Click on the Continue button.

I never get to the Continue button. Its gives me a DNS error and then my router stops responding till I power it down and power it up again. I hope this helps and you can help me fix it up.

scanner118
@telus.net

scanner118

Anon

I have had my di 604 running 3 days now. The first thing i did after installing was update the firmware to 2.10. I had no problem installing or flashing the unit.

Tonight, i was downloading, chatting and browsing when the router reset itself for some unknow reason. Apparently, 2.10 doesnt fix this problem.

I have 4 more days to decide if i want to keep this. I many try the Linksys befrs41 v2. or go back to my old netgear. It's too bad, because the 604 had so many features that I wanted to utilize.

DLinkSupport
Irvine, CA

DLinkSupport to bharath_ramesh

to bharath_ramesh
Download the firmware again, just to be sure what you have is not somehow corrupt.

Try resetting the device back to factory defaults using the reset button on the back of the unit. After the device is reset, reflash the firmware (ver 2.10). After the F/W update, reset the unit one more time. From what you describe, is sounds like the DI-604 should be authenticated with its default configuration.

We cannot duplicate the reboot problem using the lates version of the firmware, ver. 2.10.

fthomas64
@verizon.net

fthomas64 to blackomegax

Anon

to blackomegax
I have identical problems with the 604 as the user who says they are getting "lock up" after a download. I'm using the 2.10 firmware, and find that after a pretty long download, although my internet access is still present (sort of), everything is quite slow. If I try to access the router's web setup, I find that either nothing shows up once I log in, or many of the links are missing... looks like the config page is half loaded. I fix this by unplugging the router, and letting it boot itself back up. Is it possible this is a thermal issue? The router seems warm, anyway. DLINK... keep working on this, it's not a very good product just yet (for $19, I can't expect too much, although my kung-fu roommate is starting to suspect that when this happens, I've found someway to hog the bandwidth, and I'm starting to fear that he's going to kill me soon).
dbuske
Westby, WI

dbuske to blackomegax

to blackomegax
Free advanced course for D-link support- problem solving 101:
You say you can't duplicate the reboot problem with 2.10 update. Well here's something you can do. Read the forum and find those who are having the problem. Contact them and ask for there hardware configuration. Compare the information received for common aspects in the configuration. This will include how they updated the firmware.
Test with the common hardware found in the survey and you should be able to duplicate the problem. This is important, you next need to fix the firmware by recoding it to solve the problem, then get uncorrupted copies of the firmware back to the customers. I know this is difficult, but try.

Dominator_DK
@cpe.net.cable.rogers

Dominator_DK to bharath_ramesh

Anon

to bharath_ramesh
Try releasing the DHCP with your provider... problem is that after the upgrade your hardware address changes and provider's DHCP still hangs your old hardware address, therefore by not letting your new hardware address in

bharath_ramesh
@204.212.x.x

bharath_ramesh to blackomegax

Anon

to blackomegax
I got my dhcp problem fixed but had to go around by first changing my firmware to 2.0 then to 2.03g and then to 2.10 it works that doesnt matter. But I have this new problem. Its time is compeletly messed up. It keeps getting changed to some time everytime it reboots and because of which it keeps looking for a new IP every minute because the lease is always expired. Is there some way this can be fixed. My current firmware is 2.10
bharath_ramesh

bharath_ramesh

Anon

DI-604 DHCP problem

The problem I am facing is that my router keeps requesting IP address from my service provider every 5-10 secs. I dont know why that happens. The time it has drifts a lot. It just doesnt keep up with the time i set it to hold. It just keeps changin it a random fashion. What is the possible fix. I have 2.10 firmware