uniqs
Jasonk6
join:2003-03-17
e3e2w3

1 recommendation

Jasonk6

THE WORST PROVIDER IN THE WORLD

I have to admit....

AEI is easily the WORST GODDAMN PROVIDER IN THE WORLD!!

I *STRONGLY* urge all users to cancel with them immediately! and those who are thinking of even considering them... don't!

I have never had such a frustrating and horrifying experience in my life! Their support department is an answering machine.. I left SO many messages and sent SO many emails and never got any replies! From the first day I couldn't use the internet between the hours of 5pm-11pm. Now, like most people that's the only time during the week that I can use the internet at home! I'd go home everyday and NOTHING would work... couldn't even use instant messenging. Support lied and lied and lied and nothing was fixed... I gave them a month, stupid as I am, and nothing! Finally I send the cancellation and guess what? I get a phone call from support. Too late. However, they have "rules" about cancelling.. you have to cancel 1 week before the end of the month or you get billed for the whole next month!!! SO now i'm stuck with a bill automatically charged to my credit card when I've already changed ISPs.. Lovely... I've been trying to reach a manager alllllllll week and nobody calls back ... ARGH!@@#%@#

Absolutely ridiculous. I've been with SO Many providers and never ever even close to as many problems. I'm with Istop.com now and these guys are amazing... great prices, and the benefit of having a static IP address is definitely worth the extra $4 a month!

AEI, go F*CK yourselves!

Sorry for the rant everyone =) Had to get it out somewhere... the answering machine at AEI just doesn't work!
[text was edited by author 2003-03-17 14:14:12]
knowton
join:2003-03-13
Carleton Place, ON

knowton

Well, I believe you,I know how you feel. I am considering changing to another isp but I'm not sure who.
What city are you located in ? Is your new provider in the Ottawa area?
destoo
join:2002-12-17
Chambly, QC

destoo to Jasonk6

to Jasonk6
What's your location?

Service and connectivity is top notch in the Montreal area.
Bad comments seem to come from the Ottawa region...

akz
@sympatico.ca

akz

Anon

have u been with utra high speed ? 3.5Mbps/800kbps ?

cuz i am going with AEI i am waiting for their answer to call me..etc

Drunken
@aei.ca

1 recommendation

Drunken to Jasonk6

Anon

to Jasonk6
Yeah AEI worst ISP indeed
People why are you still asking about it.
Find someone else
AEI is crap, so bad it should be FREE. But even then, i'd rather pay than use a free AEI

Vflip
@aei.ca

Vflip

Anon

i agree, AEI is plain bad, sometimes you just know their server went down for 20minutes but all they'll say is "have you checked your router? have you checked your modem?" and that's when they actually call back. Technical support is horrible. i'm currently considering magma, looks good, maybe i'll give them a try. I would go back to Sympatico since they removed their bandwidth cap but i didnt buy a modem for no reason.

(btw, using 1.5Mbit service in Mtl)